Grand Lake Theatre3200 Grand Avenue, Oakland, CA 94610
The Grand Lake Theatre is a historic movie palace located in the Grand Lake neighborhood of Oakland, California. After the Grand Lake Theater opened on March 6, 1926, it held vaudeville and silent movie showings, but with the arrival of “talkies” it began to exclusively show sound films. The original Wurlitzer Hope Jones Unified Orchestral Organ by the Rudolph Wurlitzer Co. of San Francisco still stands in the main auditorium. The original phone number for the theater was Glencourt 3100 and the original ticket prices were 40 cents for night and Sunday matinees in the orchestra and balcony, 50 cents for the loges, 25 cents for daily matinees, and 10 cents for children at any performance.